HOWELL NATURE CENTER ANNOUNCES
NEW BOARD OFFICERS AND APPOINTS BOARD MEMBERS
January 25, 2018 – The Howell Nature Center has announced officer elections and three new appointments to its board of directors for 2018. A non-profit organization, Howell Nature Center’s board of directors include 9 members which provide oversight to ensure HNC’s mission, strategic direction and fiduciary responsibility remain intact. The leadership board officers will each serve a 1-year term and the newly appointed board members will each serve a 3-year term.
• Rhett B. Rowe, MBA, Chairman (Milford) – Rowe has served on the board for over a year and most recently served as Vice-Chair. He is a nationally recognized executive leader within the financial services industry and serves as CEO of Birmingham Business Credit, LLC. Rowe also serves as president of Milford Presbyterian Church and leads its Finance & Facilities committee.
• Rev. Julie Delezenne, Vice-Chair (Berkley) – Delezenne has served on the board for over two years and most recently served as chair. She is currently pastor at the First Presbyterian Church in Warren.
• R. Robert Geake, Ph.D. , Secretary (Northville) – Geake has served on the board for over a year and has been re-elected as board secretary. He served in the Michigan Legislature representing northwestern Wayne County from 1973-1998 and is currently chair of the Michigan Legislative Retirement System Board of Trustees. He has volunteered for the Howell Nature Center’s camping program for the past 22 summers. Geake is also a past elder in the First Presbyterian Church of Northville.
• John J. Buell, Treasurer (Grosse Pointe Woods) – Buell has served on the board of directors for three years and has been appointed as treasurer. He is currently principal at THG Capital Markets, LLC.
• Alita Bluford, MS (Farmington Hills) – Bluford is an expert in organizational effectiveness, communication, training development and change management. She currently serves as a consultant for MI-HR.com, an instructor – faculty and staff development at Eastern Michigan University, and an organizational effectiveness consultant for AMConsulting, LLC.
• Kirk C. Waibel, ASA (Commerce) – Waibel has been in machinery valuation, consulting and liquidation for twenty years. He is currently principal at Marketplace Machinery, Inc.
• David A. Williams, MBA (Brighton) – Williams has been in leadership positions in the nonprofit field for more than 20 years after a career in the real estate industry. He currently serves as chief administrative officer for Starfish Family Services.
Howell Nature Center Newsletter
Howell Nature Center In the Media
WHMI-FM Super Bowl prediction, 2/1/16
WHMI-FM, Woody Prepares for Tuesday’s Annual Winter prediction, 2/1/2016
Click on Detroit, Groundhog Day 2016: Will We See Six More Weeks of Winter? 2/2/2016
Fox 47 News, Groundhog Day! Woody the Woodchuck from Howell to Make Prediction, 2/2/2016
Lansing State Journal, From Howell, Woody Predicts More Winter Coming, 2/2/2016
Mother Nature Network, Early Spring or No? Groundhogs and Other Varmints Weigh In, 2/2/2016
MLive.com, Sorry, Punxatawney Phil, Woody the Woodchuck Says Six More Weeks of Winter, 2/2/2016
Detroit Free Press, From Howell, Woody Predicts More Winter Coming, 2/2/2016
Washington Times, Michigan Groundhog’s Prediction: Six More Weeks of Winter, 2/2/2016
Iron Mountain Daily News, Michigan’s Woody the Woodchuck Making Forecast About Spring, 2/2/2016
WHTC 1450 AM, Michigan’s Official Woodchuck disputes Phil’s Winter Ending Prediction, 2/2/2016
WHMI-FM, Woody the Woodchuck Predicts Six More Weeks of Winter, 2/2/2016
Livingston Daily Press & Argus, Feast of the Groundhog, 2/2/2016
Indiana Gazette, Punxsutawney Phil ‘predicts’ early spring; marmots in Wisconsin, Michigan, Canada weigh in, 2/5/2016
The Weather Channel.com-Woody Ranks #11 on List of Nation’s Top Groundhog Prognosticators Groundhog Day 2014 Top 11 Groundhogs to Watch
WLNS-TV6-Groundhog Day Woody Predicts 6 More Weeks of Winter, 2/2/14
Detroit Free Press-Michigans Woody the Woodchuck refuses to leave house, 2/2/14
Detroit Legal News-Howell Woody ready to make Groundhog Day prediction, 2/2/14 WWMT.com, TV3-
WWMT.com, TV3-Groundhog Day brings mixed reactions in West Mich, 2/2/14
Click on Detroit-The history of Groundhog Day, 2/2/14 Detroit News-
Detroit News-Groundhog Day Howell woodchuck Woody a whiz at predicting spring, 2/1/14 WLNS-TV-
WLNS-TV-January 31, 2014-Woody The Groundhog To Make Spring Prediction Feb 2
Livingston Daily Press & Argus-January 30, 2014-It’s Woody vs. Phil in Sunday’s other big contest
WWJ-TV-January 28, 2014-Woody The Woodchuck Set To Make Groundhogs Day Prediction This Sunday In Howell
Livingston Daily Press & Argus-January 26, 2014-Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Nature center bringing in more treetop adventures
WWJ, CBS Detroit-January 27, 2014-These Birds Not Warming Up to Frigid Temps