Come to the Howell Nature Center for a day of relaxing fun!
(Note: This information is for non-program related activities. If you are looking for staff led programming such as camp or wildlife presentations, please see the above menu options.)
Open from 10:00 – 5:00 p.m. seven days a week
Families and small groups: Suggested donation is $5 per adult and $3 per child
For groups of more than 20: Please contact us at 517-546-0249 at least two weeks prior to arriving so we can ensure your visit is as seamless as possible. Fees for organizations of more than 20 people are $5 per adult and $3 per child (nonprofit group rates available upon request). If you are a nonprofit group, please contact us at 248-459-0485 for nonprofit rates. When you arrive, please visit our welcome center to pay and receive your day passes.
- Alexandria’s Nature Scape (Open May – October): Your child can initiate play while discovering the natural world. The Nature Scape is a fully fenced in area including fun activities such as a kid size waterfall and pond to play in, sand dunes to dig in, stump jumps, logs to climb, natural forts to build, trails to explore and life size spider webs to climb. (Note that adult supervision is required in the Nature Scape.)
- Alexandria’s Treehouse (Open May – October): This wheelchair-accessible treehouse stretches over 7,000 square feet, featuring two satellite platforms, a main deck with a covered house and windows, two walkways, two sets of stairs and a suspension bridge.
- Wild Wonders Wildlife Park: Throughout the half-mile path, you will find native permanently injured Michigan wildlife like fox, porcupine, coyotes, groundhogs, opossums, owls, hawks, falcons, and more in habitats specifically designed to mimic each animal’s natural environment. Newly-designed interpretive signs enrich self-guided as well as naturalist-guided tours. Click here for more information on the Wild Wonders Wildlife Park.
- Nature Zone: A hands-on interpretive space based on nature in your own backyard. Designed by local artist and author Michael Monroe, the Nature Zone includes a pond, live flying-squirrel habitat, a tree sculpture, animal tracks table and much more.
- Hiking Trails: Enjoy multiple hiking trails around the property. Leashed dogs are welcome on the trails (note that dogs are not allowed in the Wild Wonders Wildlife Park due to the other animals).
- Open Zip Tours, Climbing Tower and Giant Swing: If you are interested in our open zip tours, climbing tower or giant swing, please see the events calendar for dates and times. Pre-registration is required for these two activities.
- Gift Shop: A great shop for souvenirs and nature items. For more activity details, please contact our Welcome Center at 517-546-0249.