Come to the Howell Nature Center for a day of relaxing fun!
We are open 7 days a week from 10:00am – 5:00pm and are located at 1005 Triangle Lake Road in Howell, Michigan, just 6 miles south of I-96. Click here for directions. Please visit our Welcome Center upon arrival.
$6 Adult | $4 Child 3-17 | Free for children 2 and under
For groups with 20+ guests: Please contact us at 517-376-9790 at least two weeks prior to arriving so we can ensure your visit is as seamless as possible. When you arrive, please visit our welcome center to make your group payment and receive your day passes.The fee schedule above applies to large groups. If you are a nonprofit group, please contact us at 517-376-9790 for nonprofit rates.
Day information is for non-program related activities. If you are interesting in staff led programming, please visit the Environmental Education, Wildlife Education, Field Trips or other program pages.
Daily Activities Include:
- Alexandria’s Nature Scape (Open May – October): Your child can initiate play while discovering the natural world. The Nature Scape is a fully fenced in area including fun activities such as a kid size waterfall and pond to play in, sand dunes to dig in, stump jumps, logs to climb, natural forts to build, trails to explore and life size spider webs to climb. (Note that adult supervision is required in the Nature Scape.)
- Alexandria’s Treehouse (Open May – October): This wheelchair-accessible treehouse stretches over 7,000 square feet, featuring two satellite platforms, a main deck with a covered house and windows, two walkways, two sets of stairs and a suspension bridge.
- Wild Wonders Wildlife Park: Throughout the half-mile path, you will find native permanently injured Michigan wildlife like fox, porcupine, coyotes, groundhogs, opossums, owls, hawks, falcons, and more in habitats specifically designed to mimic each animal’s natural environment. Newly-designed interpretive signs enrich self-guided as well as naturalist-guided tours. Click here for more information on the Wild Wonders Wildlife Park.
- Nature Zone: A hands-on interpretive space based on nature in your own backyard. Designed by local artist and author Michael Monroe, the Nature Zone includes a pond, live flying-squirrel habitat, a tree sculpture, animal tracks table and much more.
- Hiking Trails: Enjoy multiple hiking trails around the property. Leashed dogs are welcome on the trails (note that dogs are not allowed in the Wild Wonders Wildlife Park due to the other animals).
- Open Zip Tours, Climbing Tower and Giant Swing (Seasonal): If you are interested in our open zip tours, climbing tower or giant swing, please see the events calendar for dates and times. Pre-registration is required for these activities.
- Gift Shop: A great shop for souvenirs and nature items. For more activity details, please contact our Welcome Center at 517-546-0249.