2017 OVERNIGHT SCHOOL CAMP INFORMATION COMING SOON!
Serving Educators Since 1980
Howell Nature Center has a long history of quality programming for overnight school camp trips. We specialize in experiential education and work hard to provide a well-rounded and fun camping experience for students, teachers, and chaperons. Whether you choose one night or an entire week for your overnight camp trip, our staff will work closely with you to design a program that meets your individual needs.
Choose from more than 60 program options including:
- Live Animal Presentations, e.g. Birds of Prey, Wild Super Powers, Michigan Mammals and seven more selections
- Environmental Education Programs, e.g. Animal Tracks, Food Chain, Predator/Prey and twelve other courses
- Social Studies Programs, e.g. Heifer Global Village experiences, Native American Games and Drumming, and Exploring Maps
- Outdoor Education, e.g. Orienteering, Shelter and Fire Building, Archery, Canoeing and Fishing
- Teambuilding and Challenge Courses, e.g., High Ropes, Obstacle Course, the Tallest Outdoor Climbing Tower in Michigan, and 500 ft. Zip Line
- Traditional Camp Activities, e.g., Skits, Gaga Ball, Hikes, Capture the Flag, and many more!
10:45 a.m. – Arrive, unpack, orientation
11:15 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Catered lunch
12 p.m. – Archery
1:05 p.m. – Fire & shelter building
2:10 p.m. – Canoeing
3:15 p.m. – Climbing wall
4:20 p.m. – Predator/prey games
5:30 – Catered dinner
7 p.m. – Campfire
8 p.m. – Dance program
Contact SallyG@howellnaturecenter.org 517-376-9352 for scheduling and pricing information. Rates vary based on length of visit and programs selected.